Free Budget Shipping
Many items at NothingButSavings.com offer FREE Budget Shipping. Plus, as with many of our competitors which do offer free shipping, we don't ask you to spend a specified amount in order to qualify for FREE Budget Shipping.
How do I qualify for Free Budget Shipping?
1. Add the item(s) that qualifies for FREE Budget Shipping to your order's shopping cart.
2. If a product has our "Free Shipping" tag that item will qualify for FREE Buget Shipping regardless of its price.
3. Proceed to checkout and select Budget Shipping as your shipping option (items will take an additional 7-10 business days to ship).
4. Ship your item(s) to a valid U.S. address.
5. Then, complete your order. It's that simple!
6. FREE Budget Shipping excludes certain oversized and/or overweight items, and those products that do not include this tag.
Some items may be excluded:
If certain items in your shopping cart are not eligible for Budet Shipping then buedget Shipping will not be available and thus the offer for Free Budget Shipping will not apply.
Free Budget Shipping is not available for International orders.
From the Manufacturer|Powered by
Portable Common Access Card Reader
Go mobile with IOGEAR's Portable Common Access Card Reader. Our latest Common Access Card (CAC) reader is the perfect communications medium between a CAC or "Smart Card" and a host (e.g. a computer or a point-of-sale terminal). The slim design of the GSR203 features a tuck-away USB cable and fits easily into your backpack, briefcase, or even pocket to make transportation effortless.
What is a Smart Card Reader?
A Common Access Card or "Smart Card" is a small portable credit-card shaped pocket-sized card with embedded integrated circuits or IC chips which can process data. The combination of the small size and IC (integrated chip) in the Smart Card make them a valuable tool for security, data storage, and other special applications. The use of Smart Cards can improve user security by combining something a user has (the Smart Card) with something only the user should know (a PIN). This provides two factor security that is more secure than passwords alone.
Designed for Security and Accuracy
The traditional credit card uses a magnetic-strip which stores a very small amount of information and has no processing capability of its own. Smart Cards are the next generation of secure and user friendly identification, authentication & data storage solution. IOGEAR USB Smart Card Access Readers use a contact system where the card must be inserted directly into the card reader; this type of reader is less prone to misalignment and eliminates the possibility of being misread.
Smart Card Reader Usage
Government, healthcare, banking, and entertainment industries require secure logins / authentication to access information, sensitive data, or private areas. Smart Cards are the next step in this convenience and security.
Government - Add an additional level of security to computers with sensitive informationHealthcare - Secure patient information by requiring smart card access of system terminals and computersBanking - Protect your customers from unwanted data and monetary theft
Smart Card Reader with TAA Compliance
GSR202 is listed on the Approved Product List and is TAA compliant product. Users can go to the following website for more info.
- Portable Smart Card reader
- Suitable for applications in government, healthcare, banking, entertainment, and secure network login
- Supports multiple Smart Card protocols and relevant industry standards for digital signage and secure personal identification
- Pocket-sized compact design with tuck-away USB cable for easy portability
- FIPS-201 Compliant: Meets US Federal Information Processing Standard Publication 201*
- EMV 2000 Level 1 approved and support 3V and 5V cards
- Designed for use with CAC software**
- ISO7816 implementation - Class A, B, and C (5V / 3V / 1.8V) Card
- USB 2.0 connection to increase reliability and ease of operation
- Speed: 825kbps
- Power / Scan LED indicators
- *R-TRE.1: Follows the ISO7816-2 standard
- R-TRE.2: GSR202 conforms to the reader-to-host system interface of Personal computer/smart card (PC/SC) spec
- R-TRE.3: Support Class A operating class as defined in ISO/IEC 7816-3: 1997 and ISO/IEC 7816-3:1997/Amd 1:2002
- R-TRE.4: Support both T=0 and T=1 transmission protocol which is defined in ISO/IEC 7816-3:1997
- R-TRE.5: Not generate the programming Voltage
- R-TRE.6: Data retrieved from the PIV readers shall be the data that was written on each card
- R-TRE.13: Data format for physical readers shall consist of the 2 parity bits, agency code, system code and credential code elements of the FASC-N along with the expiration date (YYYYMMDD) from the CHUID as defined by appendix A of NIST SP 800-73. Each element shall be individually formatted as binary numbers and combined to form a 75 bit string as shown in the figure below.
Suitable for applications in government, healthcare, banking, entertainment, and secure network login
**CAC Middleware is not included
How it Works
In the Box
- 1 x Portable Card Reader
- 1 x Driver CD (Windows OS / Linux OS Only)
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
- 1 x Warranty Card
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 (32-bit/64-bit), 8/8.1
- MAC OSX 10.4 or later (32-bit/64-bit, embedded smart card services)
- Linux Redhat, Ubuntu, Fedora (Kernel 2.4 or later)
- Available USB Port 1.1 or 2.0
|Unit Package Dimensions|
|Master Carton Wt.||1.8 lbs.|
|Unit Wt.||.05 lbs.|
|Unit Weight||.05 lbs.|
|Unit Weight with package||.15 lbs.|
|Case Weight||1.80 lbs.|
Portable Smart Card Reader
Go mobile with IOGEAR's Portable Smart Card reader. Our latest Smart Card reader is the perfect communications medium between a Smart Card and a host (e.g. a computer or a point-of-sale terminal). Keep the GSR203 Portable Smartcard reader in your backpack, briefcase, or even pocket. The slim design with tuck-away and clip USB cable makes transportation effortless.
What is a Smart Card Reader?
A Smart Card is a small portable credit-card shaped pocket-sized card with embedded integrated circuits or IC chips which can process data. The combination of the small size and IC (integrated chip) in the Samrt Card make them a valuable tool for security, data storage, and other special applications. The use of Smart Cards can improve user security by combining something a user has (the Smart Card) with something only the user should know (a PIN). This provides two factor security that is more secure than passwords alone.
More from the Manufacturer
|Weight (Approximate):||0.80 oz|
|Additional Information:||Data Rate: 825,806bps|
|Country of Origin:||Taiwan|
|Limited Warranty:||3 Year|
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.