MagTek Wedge Interface 3-Track Full-Size Swipe Card Reader
Full-size swipe card reader
The MagTek Wedge Interface 3-Track Full-Size Swipe Card Reader with 6 Pin Mini DIN Connector features an easy interface with a PC or terminal and reads up to three tracks of data from a magnetic stripe in the extended path to ensure accurate reads. The reader connects in-line between a PC and its keyboard and is intended to remain virtually invisible until a card is read. When a card is read, the Mag-Wedge Reader takes over the interface to the PC and sends card data using the same scan codes used by the keyboard. The Mag-Wedge Reader also supports the operation of an optional encrypting PINPad that can be programmed for encrypting or non-encrypting operation. Power is supplied to the Reader by the PC.
- Connects in-line between a PC and its keyboard and is intended to remain virtually invisible to both the keyboard and the PC until a card is read
- Mag-Wedge Reader is powered by the PC, so no external power supplies are required
- When a card is read, the Mag-Wedge Reader takes over the interface to the PC and sends card data using the same scan codes used by the keyboard
- PC cannot distinguish between data from the keyboard and data from the Reader
- Also supports the operation of an optional encrypting PINPad that can be programmed for encrypting or non-encrypting operation
- Mag-Wedge standard Reader sends card data, including start sentinel and end sentinel, followed by a carriage return
- Mag-Wedge Reader also recognizes commands from the PC to enable or disable the PINPad, the keyboard, or the card reading
- Color: Black
- Message Format: Scan code
- Speed Range / Second: 3 - 50 in (7.6 - 127 cm) per second
- Interface Type: In-line with keyboard cable
- Connector: 6 pin mini DIN connector
- Cable Length: 5 feet
- Power Requirements: 5V, 100mA max drawn from PC. Typical, 45mA.
- Current: 100 mA max; 45 mA typical
- Operating Temperature: -32°F to 122°F
- Storage Temperature: -40°F to 158°F
- Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing
- Operating Altitude: 0 - 10,000 ft.
- Storage Altitude: 0 - 50,000 ft.
- Dimensions: 6.5" x 1.75" x 1.6" (L x W x H, Approx)
- Weight: 7 oz.
- Warranty: One Year Limited Manufacturer
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
Be the first to review this product. Write a Review