MagTek Wedge Interface Mini 3-Track Magnetic Swipe Card Reader (Black)
A compact swipe card reader with a PC keyboard interface
The MagTek Wedge Interface Mini 3-Track Magnetic Swipe Card Reader connects between a PC and its keyboard, and looks transparent to both the keyboard and the PC until card is read. When a card is read, the Reader disables the keyboard and sends card data using the same scan codes used by the keyboard. The PC cannot distinguish between data from the keyboard and data from the Reader. The MiniWedge Readers can connect to PS/2 or AT type PCs, and is powered by the PC keyboard interface. The Reader can be configured to send card data with or without start sentinel, end sentinel, and carriage returns, and also recognizes commands from the PC to enable or disable the keyboard or card reading.
- Reader is compatible with any PC or computer/terminal with
a PC keyboard interface and can connect to PS/2 or AT type PCs
- Reader can auto-detect track encoding format and can read 7-bit, 210 dpi data on all three tracks
- Read head includes bi-directional card reading abilities so card can be swiped in either direction with the magnetic strip facing the front
- Reader is powered through the keyboard interface, so no external power supply is required
- Reads encoded data that meets the standards of ANSI (American National Standards Institute); ISO (International Standards Organization); CA DL/ID (California Driver License); AAMVA (American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators)
- A green/red LED indicator on the Reader panel provides the operator with continuous status of the Reader operations
- Reader features a small footprint and can be mounted either with either the mounting pads or by using screws
- Adapter Cable
- User Guide
- Color: Black
- Recording Method: Two-frequency coherent phase (F2F)
- Message Format: Scan Code
- Card Speed: 3 to 50 IPS
- Card Type: ISO and AAMVA
- Track Format: Reads 75 to 210 bpi on all 3 tracks
- MTBF: Electronics - 125,000 hours, Head - 1,000,000 passes
- Interface: Wedge
- Connector: 6 pin mini DIN and 5-pin Din (includes adapter cable)
- Cable Length: 6' (1.8 m)
- Power Input: From PC - 5VDC; power supplied by keyboard interface
- Current: 20 mA max.
- Operating Temperature: -32°F to 131°F
- Storage Temperature: -22°F to 158°F
- Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing
- Operating Altitude: 0 - 10,000 ft.
- Storage Altitude: 0 - 50,000 ft.
- Dimensions: 3.94" x 1.28" x 1.23" (L x W x H, Approx)
- Weight: 5.9 oz
- Warranty: One Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
Be the first to review this product. Write a Review