From the Manufacturer|
What's new in Word 2013
Do more with your docs: Pop in an online video, open a PDF and edit the content, align pictures and diagrams with minimal fuss. The new Read Mode is clean and distraction-free—and it works great on tablets. Teaming-up is better too, with direct connections to your online spaces and streamlined review features like Simple Markup and comments.
Enjoy the read
Get absorbed in Word documents right from your screen with a new clean, comfortable reading view.
New Read Mode
Enjoy reading with a view that displays your documents in easy-to-read columns on the screen.
Editing tools are removed to minimize distractions, but you still have access to the tools that are always handy for reading such as Define, Translate, and Search on Web.
Double-tap with your finger or double-click with your mouse to zoom in and make tables, charts and images in your document fill the screen. Focus on and take in the information, then tap or click again outside the object to zoom out and continue reading.
Reopen a document and keep reading right where you left off. Word remembers where you were—even when you reopen an online document from a different computer!
Watch online videos right in Word, without having to leave the document, so you can stay focused on the content.
Expand and collapse
Collapse or expand parts of a document with just a tap or click. Put summaries in headings and leave it to readers to open the section and read the details if they want.
Work with others with streamlined collaboration tools.
Save and share files in the cloud
The cloud is like file storage in the sky. You can get to it anytime you’re online. Now it’s easy to share a document using SharePoint or SkyDrive. From there you can access and share your Word docs, Excel spreadsheets, and other Office files. You can even work together with your colleagues on the same file at the same time.
A new revision view, Simple Markup, provides a clean, uncomplicated view of your document, but you still see indicators where tracked changes have been made.
Reply to comments and mark them as done
Comments now have a reply button. You can debate and easily track comments right next to the relevant text. And when a comment is addressed and no longer requires attention, you can mark it as done. It will be greyed out to keep out of your way, but the conversation will still be there if you need to revisit it later.
Add polish and style
With Word 2013 you can create more beautiful and engaging documents, and you can work with more media types—like online videos and pictures. You can even open PDFs.
Start with a template
When you open Word 2013, you’re offered a choice of great new templates to help get you started along with a list your recently viewed documents so you can get back to where you left off in no time.
If you’d rather not use a template, click the Blank document.
Open and edit PDFs
Open PDFs and edit the content in Word. Edit paragraphs, lists, and tables just like familiar Word documents. Take the content and make it look great.
Insert online pictures and video
Add online videos directly to your documents that readers can watch right in Word. Add your pictures from online photo services without having to save them first to your computer.
Live layout and alignment guides
Get a live preview as you resize and move photos and shapes in your document. The new alignment guides make it easy to line up charts, photos, and diagrams with your text.
Computer and Processor
- 1 GHz or faster x86 or 64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 3.0 GB available disk space
- 1366 x 768 or higher resolution monitor
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2 with .NET 3.5 or later, or Windows Server 2012
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX 10 graphics card
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10; Mozilla Firefox 10.x or a later version; Apple Safari 5; or Google Chrome 17.x.
- Internet connection. Fees may apply.
- Microsoft account.
- A touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch functionality. However, all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. New touch features are optimized for use with Windows 8.
- Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
Create beautiful documents
and enjoy the read
[Standard Retail License for Commercial/Business Use on 1 PC- Product Key Card Included]
Microsoft Word 2013 32/64-bit improves on the 2010 version by retaining the reliability of Word while adding new features that increase productivity. Word 2013 allows you to work with more media types, such as online videos and pictures, without having to leave Word, as well as open PDFs and edit them with ease. The innovative Read Mode offers a clean and distraction-free way of reviewing your document and is ideal for tablets and other portable devices. You can also team up with colleagues by placing comments right next to the text where they can see it. New templates and design tools help you put the finishing touch on documents, and you will find new and updated ways to share and work with others in Microsoft Word 2013.
- Word is cleaner, sleeker, and easier on the eyes
- Edit and share work from your smartphone or on the web with Office Mobile and Office Web Apps
- Make your work shine with professional-looking templates
- New design tools help you put the finishing touch on documents
Enjoy - With the new Word, enjoy greater focus and less distraction, with an improved screen-reading experience.
- New Read Mode - Text reflows automatically in columns to make it easier to read.
- Object Zoom - When you view tables, charts, images, or online videos, a finger tap or mouse click lets you see the detail. When you’re done, another tap or click returns them to their original size.
- Resume Reading - Word automatically bookmarks your last-visited spot. Enjoy your reading, take a breather, and then pick up where you left off—even on a different PC or tablet.
Work Together - Sharing documents with reviewers and others is even simpler and more efficient.
- Reply Comment - Place comments next to the text you’re discussing so it’s easy to track the conversation.
- Simplified Sharing - Your documents are saved online to SkyDrive or SharePoint by default. Send everyone a link to the same file, along with their viewing and editing permissions, and be assured that everyone sees the latest version.
- Present Online - Share your document with others even if they don’t have Word. Send them a link, and as you read through the document on your screen, they can follow along in their browsers.
Polish - Add the finishing touch of online videos and photos. Lay them out like a pro with new alignment guides. And enjoy how smoothly Word handles PDF content.
- Alignment Guides - Align charts, photos, and diagrams with your text for a polished, professional look. Handy guides pop into place when you need them and disappear when you’re done.
- Live Layout - Text reflows instantly as you drag a photo, video, or shape to its new position. Release the mouse button, and your object and surrounding text stay where you want them.
- PDF Reflow - Open a PDF in Word, and its paragraphs, lists, tables, and other content act just like Word content.
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- Windows 7 or Windows 8
- 1 GHz of faster x86 or x64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 1 GB of RAM (32-bit); 2 GB of RAM (64-bit)
- 3.0 GB of available hard drive space
- Graphics hardware acceleration requires a DirectX10 graphics card
- .NET version 3.5, 4.0 or 4.5
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10; Mozilla Firefox 10x or later version; Apple Safari 5; Google Chrome 17x
- Some functionality may vary, based on system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
- Multi-touch: a touch-enabled device is required to use any multi-touch functionality. However, all features and functionality are always accessible by using the keyboard, mouse or other standard or accessible input device. Note that new touch features are optimized for use with Windows 8.
NOTE: This title is non-returnable once the software package has been opened. Standard Retail License for Commercial/Business use on 1 PC. Product Key Card included - no Disc.