Extend 4 10/100/1000
Ethernet ports across Twisted Pair or Coaxial Wire
When you need to extend Ethernet services beyond the general IEEE 802.3 limits of 328ft, and new fiber cabling is cost prohibitive, the EX-KIT44-S1110-RJ Gigabit Ethernet Extender Kit is the perfect solution because Perle Ethernet Extenders transparently extend up to 4 10/100/1000 Ethernet connections across copper wiring. Use single twisted pair or any existing copper wiring previously used in alarm circuits, E1/T1 circuits, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, CCTV, and CATV applications. These simple and effective point to point Ethernet Copper Extenders are perfect for commercial buildings, residential units, hospitality environments, connecting a remote office or private-network backbone to a corporate LAN- anywhere you need Ethernet communication links between separated LANs or LAN devices. These cost and time saving features, along with a lifetime warranty and free worldwide technical support, make the EX-KIT44-S1110-RJ Gigabit Ethernet Extender Kit the smart choice for IT professionals.
- 1 Pair of port eX-4S1110-RJ Ethernet Extenders
- Extend 10/100/100Base-T Ethernet up to 10,000 feet over 2-wire 24 AWG twisted pair
- Hi-Speed - up to 200+ mbs aggregate line rate
- Transparent operation for all Ethernet protocols including 802.1Q VLAN packets and IP video compression schemes
- 4 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports
- Extend Ethernet Over Twisted Pair - Extend an Ethernet link over category 5e, 6, and 7 cabling up to 10,000 feet.
- Extend Ethernet Over Coaxial Cable - Extend an Ethernet link over 75 ohm coaxial cable.
- Hi-Speed Performance - Utilizes second generation VDSL2 technology (ITU-T Recommendation G.993). When operating under "Profile 30a", Perle Ethernet Extenders can provide an aggregate VDSL line rate capability of over 200 mbps. (Actual distance and performance may vary depending on the type/gauge and condition of the wire used. )
- Plug and Play Operation - Perle Ethernet Extenders will automatically configure your VDSL interlink connection. The CO/CPE peer association will be determined automatically by the Ethernet Extender. No need to set CO/CPE VDSL pairing. Once a connection is made, both ends will automatically adjust relevant VDSL parameters to optimize the level of bandwidth possible across the copper link.
- Auto-Negotiation - The Ethernet Extender supports auto negotiation on the 10/100/1000Base-T interface.
- Auto-MDIX - Auto-MDIX (Automatic Medium-Dependent Interface crossover) detects the signaling on the 10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ45 interface and determines the type of cable connected (straight-through or crossover) and automatically adopts a compatible pinout.
- Fixed Speed and Duplex - Some Ethernet equipment require a fixed speed and duplex be used or cannot auto-negotiate. By disabling Auto-Negotiation on the Ethernet Extender, a fixed speed of 10, 100, or 1000 mbps as well as Full or half Duplex can be configured through DIP switches.
- VLAN - Transparent to tagged VLAN (802.1Q) packets.
- Transparent to IP Video Compression Protocols - Fully transparent to such IP video compression schemes such as MPEG-4, H.264, and MJPEG.
- Power Strain Relief Strap - A strain relief strap is provided to ensure a solid and secure power connection to the Ethernet Extender. Ideal for areas that may be exposed to vibration.
- Loopback - When enabled, will perform a loopback on the copper VDSL Interlink.
NOTE: The following specifications are for 1 eX-4S1110 Extender only. The EX-KIT44-S1110-RJ Gigabit Ethernet Extender Kit comes with a pair of eX-4S1110-RJ Ethernet Extenders.
- Color: Black
- Weight: 1.04 lbs
- Dimensions: 5.1" x 4.5" x 1.0" (L x W x D, Approx)
- Port: 4 port RJ45 - 10/100/1000Bast-T- Shielded
- Auto-MDIX: Auto-MDIX enables proper operation with either straight-through or corssover cabling
- Distance:Distance up to 328 ft. as per IEEE 802.3
- Maximum Frame Size: 1522 bytes
- RJ45: RING pin 4, TIP pin 5 (TIA 568 A/B)
- Cabling: Ethernet Extenders must be connected in pairs using unconditioned wire between 19 and 26 AWG. Circuits that run through signal equalization equipment are not permitted.
- VDSL2 Line Rate/Reach: Actual distance and rates experienced will depend on condition and gauge of wire used.
- Input Supply Voltage: 9-30 vDC, unregulated (12 vDC Nominal)
- Current: 500 mA
- Power Consumption (watts): 6
- Power Connectors: 5.5mm x 9.5mm x 2.1mm barrel socket and 2 pin terminal Block
- Universal AC/DC Adapter: 100-240v AC, regulated AC/12v DC adapter included
- Power/TST: Green LED is turned on when power is applied to the Ethernet Extender. Otherwise it is off. The LED will blink when in Loopback test mode.
- CO-Local: Ethernet Extender is operating in CO VDSL mode
- CPE-Remote: Ethernet Extender is operating in CPE VDSL mode
- ILNK: Indicates Link Status and activity on the Interlink (VSDL) port
- ETH: Indicates link status and activity on Ethernet port(s)
Switches - Accessible through a side opening in the chassis-
- Rate/Reach: Two switches enable the user to select the right balance between speed and distance for their environment.
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Selectable Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) of 6dB or 9dB. The higher SNR number provides better impulse noise protection but lowers performance.
- Auto-Negotiation (802.3u): Enabled (Default)- The Ethernet Extender uses 802.3u Auto-negotiation on the 10/100/1000Base-T interface. It is set to advertise full duplex. Disabled- The Ethernet Extender sets the port according to the position of the speed and duplex switches.
- Loopback: Enabled- The VDSL interlink will perform a loopback function, retransmitting all received Ethernet frames back to its peer. Disabled (Default- UP).
- Set Ethernet Speed (Port 1): When Auto-Negotiation switch is disabled, fixed speed can be set: 100 (Default) or 10
- Set Ethernet Duplex (Port1): When Auto-Negotiation switch is disabled, Duplex can be set: Full (Default) or Half
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
- Storage Temperature: minimum range of -25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 90% non-condensing
- Storage Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Operating Altitude: Up to 3,048 meters (10,000 feet)
- Heat Output (BTU/HR): 20.5
- MTBF (Hours): Without power adapter- 365,542; With power adapter- 207,212
- Emissions: FCC Part 15 Class A, EN55022 Class A; CISPR 22 Class A; EN61000-3-2
- Immunity: EN55024
- Electrical Safety: UL 60950-1; EN60950; CE
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE and Reach compliant
- Other: ECCN 5A991A; HTSUS Number 8517.62.0050
- Warranty: Lifetime Limited Manufacturer Warranty
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- This item cannot be shipped to PO Boxes.
- This item can be shipped only within the U.S.
Special Order Item
This item ships directly from the manufacturer and is not stocked in our warehouse. If stock is available at the manufacturer, the item will ship directly to you, usually within 7 - 15 business days.
Once the order has been sent to the manufacturer it can no longer be canceled.
If payment is made via credit card it will be charged before the order is sent to the manufacturer.
You must contact the manufacturer directly regarding returns and defective items.
We will contact you by email if the item is sold out or backordered (and we were unable to update the site before you placed the order) or if the item will be delayed longer than expected.
We have no control over the speed of the manufacturer's order processing, or whether they will honor your request to ship the item by any particular method.
- UPC: 679202038946
- Mfr's Part #: 06003894