IOLAN SCS Console Servers have a truly fault tolerant design to minimize downtime and provide reliable, secure remote device management. With built-in dual Ethernet and Redundant Path technology the IOLAN SCS provides assured serial console port access, offering the most reliable solution for managing data center and remote branch equipment... all at the best price performance. Why IOLAN SCS Console Servers are the preferred choice:
Secure Serial Console Management
- High performance 400 MHz, 750 MIPS, 32 bit processor with integrated hardware encryption processor for the best throughput
- Clustering - Provides a single view of all out of band console ports. Ideal for large data centers
- Intelligent Power cycling of equipment with Perle Remote Power Switches
- Next Generation IP support (IPv6) for investment protection and network compatibility
- Primary/Backup host functionality enables automatic connections to alternate hosts should the primary TCP connection go down
- EasyPort Web - Access equipment serial console ports by using your java-enabled Internet browser
- FIPS 140-2 - Cryptographic modules meet US Government NIST compliancy
- Dynamic DNS - Easy console management access from anywhere on the Internet
- Java-free browser access to remote serial console ports via Telnet and SSH
- Ping watchdog probes enable customers to power cycle equipment with attached Perle RPS power switches in the event of an unresponsive networking gear
- Lifetime warranty - best investment protection available
IOLAN SCS Console Servers enable administrators to securely access remote serial console ports on equipment such as PBX, servers, routers, network storage equipment and security appliances through an IP network. Data management information is protected through standard encryption tools such as Secure Shell (SSH) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Access by authorized users is assured via authentication schemes such as RADIUS, TACACS+, LDAP, Kerberos, NIS and RSA Security's SecurID tokens.
By using encryption technologies, an IOLAN Console Server protects sensitive and confidential data before being sent across a corporate Intranet or public Internet. For compatibility with peer encryption devices, all of the major encryption ciphers such as AES, 3DES, RC4, RC2 and CAST128 are fully supported.
Recognized as the most secure method for communicating to remote private networks over the Internet, the IPSec standard provides robust authentication and encryption of IP packets at the network layer of the OSI model. As a standard it is ideal for multi-vendor interoperation within a network, providing flexibility and the ability to match the right solution for a particular application. High Availability Access
The IOLAN SCS has built-in fault tolerant capabilities to ensure secure and reliable access for managing important mission critical equipment. Dual Ethernet interfaces on the IOLAN SCS provide redundant network paths while dual AC power supply models ensure that console management is available even if the primary AC power source fails. For remote administrators that require access from home, on the road or in the event of a total network failure, an optional IOLAN V.92 modem card delivers a solid, integrated solution with direct phone line attachment via its onboard RJ11 jack.
Protection against electrostatic discharges and power surges is provided with robust 15Kv ESD protection circuitry on each serial port.