About the KVM Extender USB
The KVM Extender USB, a versatile, plug and play solution, opens up options by enabling an extended physical separation between a KVM workstation and a computer or KVM switch. A user has the luxury of working at a KVM workstation that is up to 150m / 500ft from a computer or KVM switch.
Leverage Your Location
The KVM Extender USB makes business sense whenever there is a benefit to having a KVM workstation in a physically separate place from a computer or KVM switch. Some examples include:
- Access to computers or KVM switches centralized in one secure, environmentally controlled location, like clean rooms and kiosks
- Users who want to access a computer or KVM switch at a workstation, without having to get up and go to a server room
- A user who wants to access and control two computers, one local and one at an extended location (integrated local port)
- Two users working on two computers at the same time, with the user at the extended location (receiver) able to control and access both computers (receiver 2 port KVM switch)
- SOHO (Small Office/Home Office) environments, such as an executive and secretary, where users at two workstations control one computer
The KVM Extender USB offers a unique security feature called exclusive mode, where a user can prevent the second user from accessing the computer or KVM switch at a given time.