The 3rd Birthday (Sony PSP)
Our survival rests on a
In The 3rd Birthday, hideous creatures known only as the Twisted descend on Manhattan. Named for their irregular, spiral shape, these creatures feed on humans, traveling to the past to further their food supply - though no one knows what they are or what they came to be. In response, the government creates a Counter Twisted Investigation Team, the CTI, to change the past to better the present. The only candidate compatible with the experimental Overdive system is Aya, who wakes up with no recollection of her past, but is tortured by nightmares. And yet, she takes the investigation head on, in an effort to find out the truth of who she really is. As the world rests on the brink of destruction, Aya Brea is humanity's last hope.
- Fight the Twisted in real-time, over-the-shoulder combat
- Using Overdive, instantly take the position of any ally on the battlefield
- Upgrade Aya's unique powers and customize a wide range of weaponry
- Gameplay Basics - Take control of Aya and fight against the Twisted's endless onslaught. Having completed some military combat training, Aya can wield a wide range of firearms and explosives. Enhanced by her unique abilities, she can command the battlefield in a number of ways. While Aya is capable in battle, she is not a one-woman army; strategy and evasion will be essential to survival.
- Weapons - By accessing a PC in either the briefing area (CTI Headquarters) or in safe zones during missions, you can purchase and customize weapons and parts. During missions, you will encounter soldiers with new weapons. By Overdiving into them, you will gain access to purchase these weapons. Using a weapon in combat will increase your proficiency with it, unlocking new upgrade parts.
- Overdive - Aya alone is capable of using the Overdive System. The system allows Aya's consciousness to be sent back in time, where she can temporarily take over the bodies of soldiers and civilians. When you execute an Overdive, the target's health and weapons are directly taken over - for better or worse - so be careful when choosing into whom to Overdive. Under certain conditions, Aya can Overdive into an enemy and deal significant damage by destroying their psyche.
- Character Progression - Gain EXP (Experience Points) and BP (Bounty Points) by eliminating Twisted during missions. As Aya earns EXP, her level will increase, making her more capable in combat. You can purchase weapons and customizable equipment using BP at the Weapon Bank found in the briefing room or in safe zones.
- Over Energy - Over Energy are special skills that Aya can use during battle. To use Over Energy, you will need OE Chips, which can be collected during missions. Determine which Over Energy to give Aya by placing OE Chips on the DNA Board that is currently equipped. Each OE Chip contains an Antibody, which corresponds to a certain Over Energy. Depending on where you place OE Chips, you can augment existing Antibodies, or even synthesize new Over Energy.
- Crossfire - The Crossfire technique involves stationing multiple allies allies at barricades and other obstacles, then, when the opportunity presents itself, catching the enemy in one big coordinated shootout. The crossfire gauge must be full before attempting this tactic. The participating soldiers find their psyches temporarily united with Aya's thanks to her Over Energy. This effect is what allows her to control them during a Crossfire.
- Players: 1 Player
- Memory Size: 384 KB
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
Be the first to review this product. Write a Review