From the Manufacturer|
Think GreenThe DGS-1008G eight port Gigabit Desktop Switch is part of D-Link’s comprehensive family of home devices that make use of D-Link’s Green Technology, providing energy savings, reduced heat, and a longer product life without sacrificing performance or functionality. An energy-efficient power adapter (DoE Level VI qualified), minimized use of harmful substances (RoHS compliant), and recyclable packaging make this switch truly environmentally friendly.
The DGS-1008G helps conserve energy automatically. The switch saves substantial amounts of power by cutting power usage for unused ports or ports connected to computers that are idle.
Gigabit Connection for Home and Media Center
This Gigabit Desktop Switch offers an economical way for homes and media centers to benefit from the increased bandwidth of Gigabit Ethernet. It provides eight Gigabit ports for easy expansion of your network and a quick way to upgrade your network to Gigabit connectivity.
Limited Lifetime WarrantyTo further its commitment to product quality, D-Link offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on the DGS-1008G. If you have a warranty failure, D-Link will repair or replace the product for free.
- Eight (8) 10/100/1000Mbps ports
- Up to 1 Gbps of dedicated bandwidth per port and up to 2 Gbps bandwidth in full-duplex mode1
- Supports IEEE 802.1p QoS Prioritization2
- Jumbo frame support up to 9720 Bytes3
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- Conserves energy with D-Link Green Technology
- Supports MAC address learning
- Compatible with all popular operating systems
- Plug & Play installation
- Wall Mountable
- 24/7 Basic Installation support4
- IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
- IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (twisted-pair copper)
- ANSI/IEEE 802.3 NWay auto-negotiation
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- IEEE 802.1p QoS (4 Queues, Strict Mode)
- IEEE 802.3az Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
Data Transfer Rates
- Ethernet:10 Mbps (half duplex)
- 20 Mbps (full duplex)
- Fast Ethernet:100 Mbps (half duplex)
- 200 Mbps (full duplex)
- Gigabit Ethernet:2000 Mbps (full duplex)
- 10BASE-T:UTP CAT 3, 4, 5/5e (100 m max.)
- EIA/TIA-586 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
- 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T:UTP CAT 5/5e (100 m max.)
- EIA/TIA-568 100-ohm STP (100 m max.)
Media Interface Exchange
- Auto MDI/MDI-X adjustment for all ports
- FCC Class B
- CE Class B
- VCCI Class B
- 16 Gbps
Max. Packet Forwarding Rate
- 11.9 Mpps
Packet Buffer Size
- 192 KBytes
- Per port: Link/Activity/Speed
- Per device: Power
MAC Address Table
- 9,720 Bytes
- External 5 VDC / 1 A Level "VI" Power Adapter
Max. Power Consumption
- 5.3 watts
Standby Power Consumption
- 0.7 watts
- 1,060,912 hours
- 32 to 104 ˚F (0 to 40 ˚C)
- 14 to 158 ˚F (-10 to 70 ˚C)
- 10% to 90% RH non-condensing
- 5% to 90% RH non-condensing
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 5.4 x 3.3 x 1.3 inches (138 x 85 x 34 mm)
- 4.6 ounces (0.13 kg)
- Limited Lifetime5
- 1 Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate.
- 2 The attached devices must have a Gigabit NIC that supports 802.1p queuing to allow QoS functionality.
- 3 Jumbo Frame support for 9720 Bytes is applicable in Gigabit mode only. Use of Jumbo Frame feature requires the PC to have a Gigabit NIC that supports Jumbo Frames. Jumbo Frame performance may be affected when used in 10/100 Fast Ethernet mode.
- 4 24/7 Basic Installation Support is available only in the USA for the first 30 days from date of original purchase.
- 5 Limited Lifetime Warranty available only in the USA. For warranty and regulatory information, please visit: http://support.dlink.com/warranty.
The D-link 8-port Gigabit Switch (DGS-1008G) is part of a new series of Green devices using D-Link Green technology. Created with the Small or Home Office (SOHO) user in mind, the DGS-1008G saves energy while reducing heat output, providing you a longer product life without sacrificing operational performance or functionality. Combined with an efficient power adapter that is EnergyStar level V qualified, minimized the use of harmful substances (RoHS compliant) in the device and enclosed in recyclable packaging make this switch truly environmentally friendly.
|Total Number of Network Ports:||8|
|Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports:||8|
|Port/Expansion Slot Details:||8 x Gigabit Ethernet Network|
|Ethernet Technology:||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Input Voltage:||5 V DC|
|Power Source:||AC Adapter|
|Green Compliance Certificate/Authority:||RoHS|
|Green Compliance Certificate/Authority:||WEEE|
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.