Microsoft Office for Mac 2008 Business Edition Upgrade
Upgrade your Office 2008 to
advance your business
[Upgrade version - see below for eligibility requirements. Licensed for one user on up to 2 Macs, 1 desktop and 1 laptop.]
Microsoft Office for Mac 2008 Business Edition gives you the tools and services you need to manage and grow your business. The software suite includes familiar Office applications (Word 2008 for Mac, Excel 2008, for Mac, PowerPoint 2008 for Mac, and Entourage 2008 for Mac) to help organize data and present a professional image. Plus, new Exchange server support and reliable Office for Windows compatibility take productivity and collaboration to the next level with the ability to share, collaborate, and access documents in and away from the office.
Upgrade Requirements - Software will only install if you are a licensed user of one of the following:
- Any Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition suite or application
- Any Microsoft Office for Mac 2001-2004 suite or application
New and Improved
- Share Documents Across Platforms - The new Open XML Formats are the default formats for Office 2008 desktop applications and for the 2007 Microsoft Office system, making it easier for Macintosh users to share files with users running Windows-based computers. Open XML Formats also offer a dramatic reduction in file size and improvement in data recovery for damaged files.
- Add Pre-formatted Elements in Just a Few Clicks - The Elements Gallery in Office 2008 puts frequently used design features in a convenient thumbnail collection. From this gallery, users can add SmartArt graphics, WordArt, charts, tables, and templates to their documents and presentations.
- Access Most-Used Tools Quickly and Easily - The Office Toolbox is now a one-stop destination for some of the most useful tools in Office, consolidating the Formatting Palette, Object Palette, Compatibility Report, Reference Tools, and other application-specific tools into one convenenient interface. Customize the Toolbox settings to show specific palettes, and use the new Object Palette to get quick and easy access to all shapes, ClipArt, symbols, and photos.
- Create a Unified Look for Documents, Presentations, and Workbooks - By using Quick Styles and document themes, users can quickly change the appearance of text, tables, and graphics, through their documents and presentations to match their preferred style or color scheme. Users can use the new theme-aware color picker on the Formatting Palette in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to quickly see how the colors will appear, and share themes across all Office applications for a coordinated set of materials.
- Use Designer-Quality SmartArt Graphics - Quickly create designer-quality diagrams, charts, and other information graphics using SmartArt graphics. Choose from dozens of graphics to represent lists, hierarchies, and other relationships. Add stunning visual effects to SmartArt graphics, shapes, WordArt, and charts, including eD effects, shading, glows, and more. Preview nad add SmartArt graphcis from the Elements Gallery in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Use New Designer-Quality Chart Templates - Illustrate your data with special effects such as 3-D, transparency, and shadows. In Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, users can insert charts from the Elements Gallery, and apply updated chart styles, edit, and format charts. User must create and edit data in Excel, but they can insert the chart into Word documents or PowerPoint presentations.
- Save As PDF - It is now easier to save and share documents, presentations, and workbooks by using the popular PDF format, which helps ensure documents appear with the correct layout and fonts on any computer that can view PDF files. The PDF files format option is now available in the Save As dialog box on the File Menu in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Automate Commonly Performed Tasks - Automator is a Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) application that helps to automate commonly performed and repetitive tasks. In Office 2008, the applications come with several sample Automator workflows. For example, a workflow in Word converts text to audio and sends the audio to an iPod. In Entourage, users can use a sample workflow to print selected email messages
Microsoft Word 2008
New formatting tools, views, templates, and a fresh, intuitive user interface in Word 2008 can help transform creative ideas into great-looking documents. In addition to enhancements made to the standard print layout view, Word 2008 introduces a new specialized environment called publishing layout view that brings desktop-publishing caliber tools to Word
- Create Professional-Looking Documents - Word 2008 helps produce professional-looking documents by providing a comprehensive set of tools, such as publishing layout view, new publishing templates, and ligatures in fonts, for creating and formatting documents.
- Document Elements (for word processing) - This feature can help automate common, but sometimes time-consuming tasks. Available in the Elements Gallery, these professionally designed publishing components include cover pages, tables of contents, headers, footers, and bibliographies to help users quickly assemble complex documents.
- Publishing Layout View (for layout-rich documents) - This new specialized environment in Word 2008 combines powerful desktop publishing tools and designer templates in one location. Users can use publishing layout view to quickly create professional-looking documents that are traditionally created by using advanced Desktop Publishing (DTP) applications.
- Use Improved Notebook Layout View - Word 2008 introduces significant enhancements to notebook layout view. In Word 2008, users can customize and personalize notebook documents with different appearances and backgrounds. Notebook tabs now support colors for improved categorization of notes, and can be dragged across different Word notebook documents. The audio recording preferences for notebook layout now offer easier customization.
- Use Improved Mail Merge - The new streamlined Mail Merge Manager in Word 2008 combines information from a data source with information in a Word document so that users don't have to create multiple versions of the document by hand. Performing mail merges by integrating Word documents, emails, forms, and contacts is simple and much faster than the manual alternative.
Microsoft Excel 2008
Excel 2008 helps users manage their data for powerful results, visually persuasive charts, and thought-provoking graphs. Ledger sheets in Excel 2008 make tracking finances, inventories, invoices, and even portfolios easy with preformatted spreadsheets and automatic calculations
- Use Improved Tools for Writing Formulas - The Formula Builder helps users create formulas in a simple, step-by step approach. Create formulas, search for functions, insert functions and arguments in existing formulas, and get help on all Excel functions. With Formula AutoComplete, users can write and edit formulas without having to remember function names, defined names, or other elements of a formula. Just type the formula in a cell, and then choose valid functions, names, and named ranges in context.
- Create Professional-Looking Charts - The new charting features include 3D shapes, transparency, soft shadows, and other special effects. Because charts in Excel 2008 have the same functionality as drawing objects, users can apply a workbook theme or add an assortment of visual effects to a chart. Users also can format different chart areas, such as the plot area, the title, the data label, or the legend, and can rotate and flip charts with precision.
- Use More Rows and Columns - To enable users to explore substantial amounts of data in spreadsheets, Excel 2008 supports more than 1 million rows and 16 thousand columns per sheet. Specifically, the Excel 2008 grid is 1,048,576 rows by 16,284 columns, which provides users with 1,5005% more rows and 6,300% more columns than was available in earlier versions of Excel.
Microsoft PowerPoint 2008
Users can create and deliver dynamic presentations that inspire their audience's imagination with compelling visuals and layouts. Slide themes in PowerPoint 2008 give your presentation a professional and unified design.
- Enhance the Visual Effects with New Themes and Rich Graphics - Office 2008 comes with new themes, layouts, and Quick Styles that offer users a wide range of formatting options. Themes simplify the process of creating professional presentations. With one click, all the background, text, graphics, charts, and tables change to reflect the new theme. PowerPoint also now supports true 3D shapes and images, bevels, powerful custom gradient support, reflections, soft shadows control, glow effects, and much more.
- Choose from the New Custom-Designed Table Styles - Users can choose from 74 custom-designed table styles. There is even the ability to have banded tables and different looks for the header and last row. In addition, the new table properties allow you to easily add columns and rows directly from the formatting palette.
- Customize Presentation Layouts - Users can use custom layouts to make text and other objects appear precisely where they want them to on their slides. For each layout, users can specify the number, size, and location of placeholders, background properties, graphic images, charts, and diagrams.
Microsoft Entourage 2008
Entourage 2008 provides new features to help users manage time and information, instantly locate information, and protect important document and files. My Day and the To Do List are some of the new features that help users organize information in new and rich ways. The new user interface makes it easier for users to see and make changes to their schedules quickly and easily.
- Keep Email More Secure and Reduce Spam - Junk email protection in Entourage 2008 identifies and filters out more unwanted messages than earlier versions of Entourage. Users can choose from different levels of junk email protection and set options to determine the optimum settings. Entourage 2008 also detects phishing messages that might have links to fraudulent websites.
- Prioritize and Manage Time - My Day in Entourage manages schedules and tasks in one easy interface. By using the new My Day and To Do List features, users can quickly view calendar events and manage their To Do List from their desktops without having to open Entourage.
- Find Information Quickly - To help users better manage their time and information, Entourage 2008 offers a number of new and improved features, from Spotlight search to assigning color-coded categories to items. These features make it easier to locate, manage, prioritize, and act on the volumes of information that users encounter every day.
What's in the Box
- Word 2008 - Create and share great-looking documents
- Excel 2008 - Analyze information and make better decisions
- PowerPoint 2008 - Present ideas more clearly and effectively
- Entourage 2008 - Manage email, contacts, and calendars in one place
- Messenger for Mac 7 - Communicate and collaborte in real-time
- Microsoft Office Live Workspace Support - Share files from virtually anywhere
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services Support - Connect with Office 2008
- Microsoft Exchange Server Support - Connect to Exchange email
- Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition - Sync tasks, notes, and categories
- Remote Desktop for Mac 2 - Drive your Windows-based PC from your Mac
- Build your skills with beginner to advanced training by lynda.com
- 200+ business-related templates and professional clip art
This software will install only if you are a licensed user of one of the following products:
- Any Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition suite or application
- Any Microsoft Office for Mac 2001-2004 suite or application
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- Macintosh OS X 10.4.9 - 10.6.3
- 500 MHz or faster Intel, Power PC G5, or Power PC G4 processor
- 512 MB of RAM or more
- 2.3 GB of available hard disk space
- HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus)
- DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a network)
- 1024 x 768 or higher resolution monitor
- Connectivity to Microsoft Exchange 2000 Serve, Exchange 2003, or Exchange 2007 is required for certain functionality in Entourage 2008
- Connectivity to Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1 RU4 or higher is required to use Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition
- Entourage and certain features require Internet access; fees may apply
Installation: Licensed for 1 user on up to 2 Macs, 1 desktop and 1 laptop.
Note: You must accept the enclosed license terms to use this software
Be the first to review this product. Write a Review