The Pop-up Thesaurus with comprehensive coverage and
From the world’s most trusted dictionaries comes Oxford’s brand new thesaurus, The New Oxford Thesaurus of English.
All thesauruses contain lists of words that are linked by having a similar meaning, but the New Oxford Thesaurus of English goes much further - it also contains antonyms (words with opposite meanings), related terms, noun lists, detailed studies of closely related synonyms, advice on confusable words, and other features.
With more than 600,000 alternative and opposite words, you won’t have to crack your brains trying to figure out the perfect word to use in your research paper. With the revolutionary iFinger Pop-up interface, you have the easiest-ever access to this thesaurus. Simply move your cursor over a word on your Web page or your windows application and the entries are displayed in a pop-up window.
It is an unrivalled reference resource for students, professionals, and writers of every kind.
It certainly deserves the title of thesaurus, which comes from a Greek word meaning storehouse or treasure.
- 600,000 alternative and opposite words
- Instant lookup in pop-up window
- Ready whenever you need it
- The iFinger engine is user-friendly and unobtrusive. It runs seamlessly in the background when you start Windows.
- When activated, simply point your cursor over a word i your Web browser, and the results from the quick reference will appear instantly in a pop-up window. (You can also double-click or configure a custom hot key.)
- The pop-up window gives you a summary of the complete listing - hit the down arrow and the rest of the information appears instantly in the article window. You can then copy information from the listing to any Windows application.
Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
- Pentium 166MHz or higher
- Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP
- 32MB of RAM
- 20MB free hard disk space
- 256-color SVGA display
- CD-ROM drive
- Internet Explorer 5.0+
- Internet access to register and download upgrades